Salmon with Eel Sauce Dinner


This one is actually about a week old, but I did take a picture of it so I'll share. In a continual effort to make my (any my roomate's) eating habbits healthier I try to find time to make us at least one full meal a day. This was salmon, broccoli, rice, and miso soup.

The rice I made in my pampered chef microwaveable rice-maker. I add a slpash of rice wine vinegar and sesame seeds to give it a little more flavor. It doesn't add a lot, but it makes for a slightly sweeter rice. I topped it with some Japanese eel sauce from a bottle. Just a little drizzle.

The salmon was marinated in teriyaki sauce overnight from frozen. I cooked it on a lower setting for quite a while (10-15 min) and let it become blackened. I love blackened fish and poultry I don't know why we Americans don't do it more often. The salmon was also drizzled in eel sauce which is a nice addition to the teriyaki marinade.

The miso and the broccoli are instant. Bag steamed from frozen broccoli and powdered miso. Just some low-calorie sides to get in some fiber, nurtients, and a little extra protein.

0 comments:

Post a Comment