It's been a few weeks now, but I made this dress for my friend Shannon. We went down to Lake Street Mercantile and she picked out this lovely blue and black plaid from their sale vault with every intention of making it for her and teaching her a little bit about how to sew.

I whipped this one out in a few hours, but considering it's the third time I've used this pattern, it was pretty much a cakewalk.

The pattern is from New Look. I love the cut and the way the bodice fits. Of course there are 3-4 different ways you can make it, but I've been pretty much using the same style every time and changing how I put the back together.

For Shannon's I used a criss-cross in the back so that it gave her a little more support. I also ommitted the zipper because it's just a casual sundress and, really, do you always need a zipper in these dresses?




2 comments:

Mama Spark said...

Cute Becky. Can you make me one too??

Becky said...

Just need the fabric and your measurements! ^__^

Post a Comment